Saturday, September 27, 2014

Perspective

Perspective is a huge part of my (and your) life, both professionally and personally. In short it deals with the fact that the same factual event can be interpreted differently by different people or at different times. So given my current time and place, here's my perspective on me.

1) An outlier.
2) Uninspirational. An after-thought.
3) Too undisciplined to ever reach my full potential.
4) Critical of others when I see my own flaws emerge in them (right kids?).
5) Extraordinarily average. (yes seems to conflict with point #1).
6) Reasonably smart but not even the smartest in my family.

Seems pretty negative, but influenced by time and place. I'm about to attempt something I've never before attempted. I'm aware by many measures I'm woefully unprepared. So I need to really focus, focus on me. Be conservative. Acknowledge my weakness. Try to overcome.