Thursday, January 15, 2009

2.5%

It's not a whole lot, is it. If you got a raise and it was only 2.5%, you'd feel pretty screwed (well, except for this year of course). According to Tim that's the target number for improvement over last year. An extra 3 months of training, trips to the weight room, countless laps around the indoor track doing what I'm now referring to as "restricter plate running" (running at a fixed/low heart rate), and hours upon hours staring at my cellar wall all for 2.5%. Seems like a lot of extra work for not a lot of gain...until you put it into minutes. For me, after a full Ironman that 2.5% becomes a 15 1/2 minute improvement. It's a trip to the big island if I so choose. Okay, now I feel a little better about it. In fact I think I'll lift and do another 80 minutes on my trainer tomorrow just to "celebrate".