Sunday, December 21, 2008

'Twas the week before Christmas...

...and oh what a mess.
The kids and the spouses just flippin' with stress.
The snot was all running right out of their noses,
and Dylan's latest present really wasn't some roses!

I haven't trained since Tuesday, so I'm getting a little nutty as well. I did shovel a lot of snow yesterday, and a lot of slush today, so that counts for something. I need to just get rid of this cold so I can start getting serious again. It's actually stressing me out hearing about teammates putting in 4 hr rides right now. Yeah that's not what works best for me this time of year, but it does stress me out nonetheless. I feel like I'm being left behind again. It all rolls up into one of my biggest stressors: the realization that I actually am pretty talented, and if I just put the time in I'd be really fast. I did a 10:22 Ironman on what is widely regarded as an absurdly light training schedule. If I just put in a bit more time...