Saturday, September 27, 2008

Odd Day

Today was a weird one. Leanna is with friends in Boston. The kids spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa. It's raining so I had no yard work to do. I'm doing a longish workout tomorrow, so I'm resting today. So I found myself with nothing to do, and I realized I'm really bad at having nothing to do. I left the house in my truck and felt like a rudderless ship. I had no idea where to go. I called my friend Austin for guidance. Hell I needed help! I went to an italian deli in Newport where I had some lasagna and stuffed cherry peppers, and then went to Barnes and Noble where I had a double espresso and a chocolate cupcake. Aside: I'm thinking an espresso is actually more pretentious than a latte or cappuccino because of the little little cup (demitasse). I read "Men's Journal" (which I later bought) and picked up a novel. And I did all that in 2 hours. I'm really bad at nothing. So I went back home and worked for a bit. Pretty sad. I did ride my trainer for 30 minutes but that's like working. I was supposed to do other stuff today, and I just didn't no what to do. Maybe I need friends? Okay in the interest of full disclosure there was something I was thinking about doing, going to an open house at Tim's parents house, but I felt a little bit under the weather and more just didn't want to drive the hour to Brockton in the midst of Ike.

So I've come to the conclusion that I'm a lost cause. I can't do nothing. I can't nap. I can't sleep in. Do you hear me? I CAN'T DO NOTHING. Hmmm, I think I know where Alexandra gets it now! (fyi, Leanna sucks at doing nothing too. Maybe that's why we are perfect for each other!)

On a final somber note, I am pretty bummed about Paul Newman dying. Some of his movies are one among those I remember the best, including Butch Cassidy, the Sting, Cool Hand Luke, and Color of Money, (oh...and Slap Shot!).