Sunday, May 04, 2008

A family nearing exhaustion

Up at 1:00, 2:00, 4:00, 5:00. Stayed up at 5:00 to start my workout. I knew I wasn't going to get to sleep. About 1/2 hr into my 3 hr ride (in the basement on the trainer), I hear the all too familiar thumping of feet coming down the stairs from the 2nd to 1st floor. It was the unmistakable plodding of Miss Alexandra. You see she's got another cold and is having an asthma episode. That's why we were all up. We cranked up the inhalers again today, and things seem to be calming down.
Anyway, back to the workout. After the first hour I went outside to continue riding because it was now light. Well about 1/2hr into this one a cold rain began pouring down. I was pretty cold when I turned for home. I finished up a 2nd hour of riding, but was still an hour of biking and 20 minutes of running short of the whole workout that Tim had scheduled. It didn't look like the rest was in the cards today. I sent Leanna up for a nap and at 11:45am Alexandra followed. I had a bit of quality time with the big D. It was pretty cool. Dylan then went down for his usual at 1:20. Due to the unexpected situation where both kids were napping, I finished the workout with another session on the trainer and then the run. I'm beat. I didn't get a nap. Yes I'm just piss'n and moan'n.
When I put Alexandra to bed tonight she said, "Daddy. I had a bad day." "I know sweetie, but I promise tomorrow will be better."

Now off to bed with you, and me.