Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Week 9

2 runs and then a vacation. 10 miles total. Skiing, sledding, R&R (once the in-laws left!). The big "test" was a 5k time trial run in 18:16 (outside in the cold and wind). I hate 5ks. They just hurt, and running them alone on a track is no fun. But I did it because it was assigned to me as a way of determining my threshold heart rate.
Assigned you say? What do you mean? Well I've enlisted professional help from my friend Tim. He's going to prep me for Boston somewhat (I'm mostly on the way), and chiefly for Lake Placid. That also means I'll be following a different type of plan, one based on time and heart rates. This will make this mileage recording obsolete, so I might switch to just recording time spent running (and running and swimming) and some notes on the runs. I haven't fully decided yet. The big number at the bottom of the page is nice, but maybe it's time to record a different number. We'll see.

2 runs this week: 4.25, 5.75
Total: 10
Ytd: 215.05