Saturday, October 13, 2007

Week 39: One week to go

I've been resting this week, and ironically have had a higher mileage week. I'm finding it really is about the amount of intensity and not so much the mileage. Runs of 12, 5, 4.5 and 18 but only one mile fast (a 5:39).

One week to the marathon. I'm following the same final build-up as I did for Boston 2006. The only concern is will my new shipment from Infinit Nutrition get here in time. I'm almost out and I doubt there will be really great on course support in a race this small.

**Update**
The final 18 miler was quite satisfactory. I set out to run 2:03-2:04, and despite taking a slightly longer route back home (by about .1 miles) so I could survey more of the race course, I cruised in with a nice finishing kick in 2:03:51. I'm also clear on how I'm going to run the race tactically. The first 1/2 of the course is really fast so I may well be letting quite a few people go. When the second 1/2 gets more challenging, I will bring them all back.

Runs: 104
Mileage: 39.5
YTD Mileage: 725.45