Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Family

Well, it's been a good albeit difficult week. Dylan is adjusting well. Alexandra...not so much. Of course her adjustment has been hampered by not seeing us for 10 days and then not getting exclusive Mommy time when she did. And then there's the stress of seeing her toys being played with by someone else (we're still working on the sharing thing). She's also been tired, and I think a little sick. I think this because I think I got the cold she had(has). We shared a waterbottle (Daddy Sippy) on Monday. **Rule 1 of Training: Never share the water bottle! **
I violated rule #1 and am now paying the price.

Leanna has clearly had it the worst. I wish there was more I could do, but at times it doesn't seem possible. Dylan wants Mommy. Alexandra wants Mommy. Daddy is not Mommy. Actually Dylan, who didn't immediately attach to me, is becoming far more comfortable with me, and as a result I am bonding with him. How can you not love a little boy who turns his head in the stroller to check out a passing hot blond (This is not a fabrication. There were witnesses.), or likes chill'n in the sofa watching football. He is all boy. Oh yes, he sleeps and eats really well too.

I have gotten some training in, but I'll write about that in a different post.