Sunday, May 27, 2007

Week 20: Another race week

Only two runs this week. It was a race week, and given our recently scheduled trip to Russia, will be the last race week until maybe the end of June. The first run was a 6 miler at lunch to shake out the cobwebs from the legs. 5 x 30 seconds on 30 seconds off at the 1/2 way point. The second run was on race day. It was actually 2 2.1 miles runs because the race was a duathlon. Managed around 5:50 per mile on the first run, and maybe 6:20 per mile on the second. Though the field was one of the weaker fields I've been in recently, nonetheless it was a good result for me. It was hot. Yes my second run was a bit slower than I'd like, but that was largely due to the heat, the fact that I tried to have a very fast bike leg, and the fact that I didn't try to run a PR. I was feeling pretty tapped on the 2nd run so I ran just fast enough to keep my competition behind me.

Overall I finished 5th, and was 2nd in my age group. My bike split was 7th overall, much better than I have been doing in the last two years. The announced field size was 220 people.

Runs: 53
Mileage: 6.0/4.2
YTD Mileage: 358.00