Sunday, February 25, 2007

Week 8

Three runs, three rides this week. Nothing impressive in terms of mileage, but the goal was consistency. Two full rest days in the mix (I doubled up Tuesday). Training zones were toward the lower end of things. The peak workout was today at 75-78% of max until the final 2 miles. I finished the effort at 93% of max, which is pretty solid in non-race conditions. My legs are feeling pretty strong right now.

The only negative right now is what seems to be a slight sinus infection on the right side. It was burning on Friday, but is doing okay now. It feels MUCH better when I'm working out, and my energy levels are good, so I don't think it will be too much of a problem.

The biggest change right now is a new saddle on my bike. It's made specifically for triathlons and time trials, and I can tell it will be better in the long run, but the first few rides on a new saddle are always uncomfortable. It's also kind of a funky looking saddle, but with extra padding for the "privates"...




Runs: 21
Mileage: 6.1/6.0/8.4
YTD Mileage: 154.75

Walks: 4
YTD Mileage: 11