Sunday, February 11, 2007

Week 6

Took one day off this week, Tuesday (instead of the planned Sunday break). My ankle's ill'n. No pain, but it's really unstable right now; it rolls over just be looking funny at it. Nonetheless I got some speedwork in this week. 4x400m with 200m slow on Thursday. Times were: 1:18,1:20,1:19;1:16. The goal was to do all 4 in 1:20 so mission accomplished. Next stop 4x400 in 1:18 each time. Two weeks before I attempt that.

Yesterday I did the charity spin-a-thon. I've only been on my bike 3 times so far in 2007, so to sit it for 2 hours on Saturday was a literal p.i.a. I also road a 3 mile Compu-trainer (computerized bike trainer) TT. Not too good. It's time to show the bike a little more love.

Today I did my 10 loop pretty hard. 39:22 (it's hillier than the race course on Ocean drive). That's my benchmark time. I probably won't try again for 3 or 4 weeks (depends on our vacation schedule). I also might try a race in a few weeks time (run/x-c skiing/run). If so, no 10k until March sometime.

After the run I hit the trainer for 20 minutes. A lot of work to do, but it's a start. One positive about getting my butt kicked in the TT yesterday; I've got the fevah again!

Runs: 16
Mileage: 6.5/6.1
YTD Mileage: 119.2

Walks: 3
YTD Mileage: 8