Sunday, February 04, 2007

Week 5

Nothing special this week. 5 miles on Tuesday (2 miles to Hope High track in Providence, 1 mile around track, 2 miles back). Lots of agility drills. 400m run at mile pace. Thursday was hill repeats up Angell street (4 trips). This week I felt the rhythm really coming back. It's not a matter of me being noticeably faster or the hard workouts being easier, rather it is a matter of the easy stuff becoming noticeably easier. I am getting more efficient. It's a good thing.

Today's run was another really cold run (15 degrees at the start). It was on the same course as week 3 (in Connecticut), run in the opposite direction. This time there was a lot of ice on the ground. The run was hard. I was really tired afterwards. Oh yeah, and I turned my damn right ankle again about 2 miles from home. It hurt like hell (I actually let out a yelp like a dog that had just been kicked!). It's kinda stiff and sore right now.

I'm ready to not run this next weekend. I'm helping out with the spin-a-thon on Saturday which means I'll be putting in an hour or two on my trainer, and then I'm taking Sunday off. I'll go out Tuesday and Thursday and then that'll be it for a four of days.

Runs: 14
Mileage: 5/6/13
YTD Mileage: 106.6

Walks: 3
YTD Mileage: 8