Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 4

Four weeks already?! Actually was a decent week. I'm trying hard to not try too hard. 5 mile run Tuesday, 4 miles on the indoor track at Brown on Thursday, and 12 miles this morning. I also upped my Saturday trainer ride to 45 minutes. I've been thinking about when I will resume racing this year. I had planned to start with a duathlon in Central Park on April 1, but I think I'll wait until the end of April to start racing (I might run in March, but that isn't quite the same). I'm liking the routine I'm in now and mentally can't come to grips with racing again in only two months.

Currently I run 3 days a week (Tue/Thu/Sun) with Tuesday being fairly easy, Thursday alternating between speed work, hills, and really easy jogging, and Sunday as the long day. The Sunday following an easy Thursday is the day when I up the distance of my long runs (stands at 13 miles right now). I'm adding a morning trainer ride this Wednesday (30 minutes), and lifting at lunch either Wednesday or Friday. I probably won't hit the pool for a few more weeks.

Runs: 11
Mileage: 5/4/12
YTD Mileage: 82.6

Walks: 2
YTD Mileage: 7