Monday, January 22, 2007

Week 3

Stressful week at work. It caused me to lose A LOT of sleep. As a result I skipped my typical Thursday run. I've found that if I try to run on the day after a night bereft of sleep, a large percentage of the time I end up hurting myself. Thursday night I again slept poorly so I didn't run Friday at lunch, either. I did however run the 1 mile to a meeting on Campus, and then the one mile back. I'm counting it in my run total and not my walk total because I did run. Friday night we traveled to the in-laws in CT., and Saturday I just did very little. I thought about running, but was just too tired from the week. Instead Leanna and I went ice skating for about an hour, and then I took a nap when we got home. So Sunday I was back and ready to go. While not 100%, I was feeling pretty good and despite the cold weather cranked out my hilly 13 mile run (it feels more like a 15 mile run becaue of all the hill work) in 1:37. Definitely an acceptable pace for this time of year. The run had it's "Holy Sh-t" moment as well. Around mile 9, I reached for a bottle on my trusty FuelBelt and behold, an ice cube where once my gatorade had resided. I reached for a second bottle...same thing. I grabbed my third and final bottle, the one riding on the back of my body, and alas it was not yet solid. Yes it was every bit a 7-Eleven-esque slurpy, but at least the fluid came out. Now the sinus headache that ensued, that's another story!

The numbers:

Runs: 8
Mileage: 6/2/13
YTD Mileage: 61.6

Walks: 2
YTD Mileage: 7