Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sick Days and the Century Mark

I'm lounging around right now. In fact until today I hadn't done anything since Tuesday (a week ago). I've got a really minor cold, but I don't want it to blossom. Sunday I watched football, played with this blog, and listened to Alexandra singing in her crib. Monday I missed work with a fever. Tuesday I was back into the grind and today back on the road.

It's possible the cold wouldn't have settled in this past weekend except that Leanna and I went out two nights in a row (Grandma and Grandpa Hopkins were visiting), and let's just say it was a shock to the system. We haven't been out without Alexandra much at all these past two plus years. It was nice, even if it did mean getting a little snotty nosed.

Today I went for a very easy 3.5 miles around the east side of Providence. While that doesn't help the per run average too much, nonetheless it was nice to be back outside. No point risking getting sick again. After all I'm still working through the final traces of the cold. Anyway, this run was my 100th run this year. A nice little benchmark. Honestly I don't know how that stacks up to previous years, but I think it's pretty good. Tell you what, we'll compare numbers this time next year. For now HAPPY 100!

# of Runs: 100
YTD Mileage: 779.17
MTG (Miles to Goal): 220.83
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 7.79
(Yikes, time for some long runs to up that avg!)

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 1082.50
# of Rides: 47
M/RD: 23.03