Friday, November 03, 2006

Training Log Entry #86

I'm ready for the end. Be that as it may, I'm still sticking to the plan and thankfully the plan this week called for a very easy week. Just one run, no riding (I might spin on my trainer tomorrow during Alexandra's nap), and 2 swims to keep my shoulders loose. I've been working on coming up with my race plan. I have found out what works in the pool. No rocket science, just start really slow and then pick it up a little after the first 500 yds. It's long enough to warm-up, stretch out, and get rid of the nerves, but not so far that I'm hopelessly far behind. Besides, even if I'm only 29 minutes or so in the water, if I come out more relaxed I could have two good legs coming up, and after all that is really "my race."

The numbers

6 miles running

Terrain: asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 86
YTD Mileage: 700.67
MTG (Miles to Goal): 299.33
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.15

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 1007.50
# of Rides: 45
M/RD: 22.38