Thursday, November 16, 2006

I'm always looking to improve, but...

I really want to be a better athlete. I'm okay now, but I know I have plenty more upside. I'm pretty sure I need coaching help to move up, but the problem is finding a coach who can make it happen for me. The most fundamental element I don't have, which a coach would presume, is time. During peak times I can probably find 10 to 12 hours a week. Here's a sample plan (actually a former teammate of mine) which highlights the problem. True this sample is for an Ironman build-up, but still you get the idea:



The easy week before the race equals about what I can fit in for my peak week. The swim distances of 25000m per week equal about what I swim in two months! Is this really what I need to do? Well I can't do this and stay married, that's for sure. Frankly I think I can do it my way, but I need a guide who understands that and I just don't think any exist.