Sunday, November 05, 2006

A good weekend

While Alexandra was upset on Friday when she woke up from her nap to find Mommy gone "on vacation", her mood soon improved (a trip to the park helped) and we had a really good time. She has clearly missed Mommy the whole time (we've watched the home movie of our vacation in Maine about 10 times!), but she has not been difficult. Quite the opposite, she's been much easier than I thought. Not to say I think this would be easy to do full time, I have the utmost respect for full time Mommies, but I was worried she'd be impossibly upset for much of the weekend. That's not the case. We've been able to do things, like go for a nature walk at the Norman bird sanctuary, see small animals (also at the bird sanctuary), go out to dinner a couple of times, go to the store twice and to Starbuck's (she loves Madeleines).

Mommy comes back today during nap time. I'm sure Alexandra will be thrilled to see her, as will I, but I'll miss the quality Daddy time I've had the last couple of days. I think we'll have to do this again sometime.

PS: Austin, at one point while we were driving to Portsmouth she said, "Go Austin's house? Go Austin's house?"