Friday, October 27, 2006

Training Log Entry #84: The week that was...

Okay I'm coping better with the pre-race anxiety and stress. I've dialed back on the training somewhat. Only a 5 mile run and an easy 30 min. on the trainer this week, along with 2 swims (~4000 yds total). So all in all a somewhat less intense week. I'm going to put in one what I hope will be competition level effort on Sunday (20 mile bike/4.3 mile run). It's shorter so I can keep the intensity high. It's also the same workout I did before Middleboro this summer (12th place overall), so I have good numbers for comparison. I'm interested to see how well I've preserved my speed. I feel pretty good, in fact the reduced workload has allowed me to get a couple of pounds back on, which is a good thing for these longer races. My energy levels and stamina are much better.

The highlight of the weekend will be passing the 1000 mile mark riding on Sunday.

The numbers

5 miles running/9 miles riding

Terrain: asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 84
YTD Mileage: 688.57
MTG (Miles to Goal): 311.43
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.20

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 987.50
# of Rides: 44
M/RD: 22.44