Saturday, October 21, 2006

Training Log Entry #82

Ran thursday. Trainer and swim Friday. 6 mile run which went pretty well. I am tired but my legs were strong. I managed to catch up to some guys from work who had left a bit earlier. Good tempo work catching them and then I ran with them which got me to slow down and relax a bit. This is something that's hard to do running by myself, but is important considering my sore knee. Speaking of the knee it is not getting worse and is most likely a hamstring "pull", which might actually have happened getting out of the kayak in Vermont (it wasn't my most graceful disembarking ever!). I'm running again today, so we'll see how it holds up.

I'm getting pretty comfortable in my new position on my bike. The general cramping and soreness related to my lower upper body (and thus more weight on my elbows/shoulders) has gone away. This is key because this position is only faster if I can stay in it for 56 miles. If you end up sitting up too much, you quickly lose any gains you might have made.

Still struggling through the "lonely training" thing, but given that Nov. 11 now seems pretty close, it's getting easier to suck it up and do the work. Training during the week is easy and relaxing for the most part, with a little more effort on the weekends. I'm fit and fast, I just need to maintain things, race my ass off, and then enjoy the off-season!

The numbers

6 miles running/9 miles riding

Terrain: asphalt/trainer

Run:
# of Runs: 82
YTD Mileage: 672.77
MTG (Miles to Goal): 327.23
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.20

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 930.50
# of Rides: 42
M/RD: 22.15