Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Training Log Entry #81

11.5 miles of pure work. However it was reasonably fast. My time for the usual 10.8 mile time trial would have been in the 1:07 - 1:08 range which is near my fastest. That was yesterday. Today I'm tapped out...spent. My form and speed are good but, to borrow a cycling phrase, I'm on the razor. I think I'm dangerously close to peaking too early, so it's time to take a step back this week. One or two easy 30 minute ride(s) on the trainer and a swim or two. No runs. Leanna and I are heading up to Vermont for a few days. I'm guessing we'll hike a bit and that will cover the "running" part. I need to get these batteries recharged because the indicator that my fitness is on the edge is more than just physical. I've been tired and out of shape plenty. It's the emotional changes, the mood swings and depression that oddly accompany my best form. They are early indicators that I'm at a place I can't stay for too long. I'm counting on wisdom garnered by years of doing this, that I am properly diagnosing the situation. I do know I'm also perilously close to doing injuring myself. Time to be careful and recover.

The numbers

11.5 miles running

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 81
YTD Mileage: 666.77
MTG (Miles to Goal): 333.23
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.23

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 894.50
# of Rides: 38
M/RD: 23.54