Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Downtime is Niiiiice....

I took a long weekend away in Vermont. My in-laws watched Alexandra while Leanna and I borrowed a cousin's condo. Our cell phones did not get a signal. I had no bike, no wetsuit, no lycra of any sort, only one pair of running shoes (old trainers just for walking around in), and most importantly NO PLAN. I was at the point where I was so tired and so sleep deprived that I didn't realize how tired and sleep deprived I was until the weekend was over and I was upgraded to merely exhausted. I've resumed some light training this week (2 x 30 min. on my trainer and 1500yds swimming) and feel pretty good. However I'm not really motivated. I know my base is good, but I'm worried about speed eroding (which it will do) if I don't show a little activity. I'll most likely run tomorrow, but I've got to be honest, it's been nice not running. Ever since that trip to the indoor track I've been nursing a sore left knee. It has been improving and regular running doesn't seem to bother it, but just the same it takes the wind out of my sails a bit. I don't see anyway I'll even hit 1000 miles. I think 750 might be more realistic because I don't see a ton of miles coming in after November 11th which is a mere 10 hard training days away. The finish line is near, but it is nice to relax. I'm going to get some real work in this weekend so I'll have a good idea where I stand after that.

The numbers

27 miles riding

Terrain: trainer

Run:
# of Runs: 81
YTD Mileage: 666.77
MTG (Miles to Goal): 333.23
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.23

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 921.50
# of Rides: 41
M/RD: 22.48