Monday, September 04, 2006

Training Log Entry #71

Break's over. Back at it as of this weekend. Nothing over the top yet, but more than just casual workouts. I'm trying to keep the intensity dialed back. Nice run around Sachuest Saturday morning. Not too fast, not too slow. After the run I took Alexandra out for a hike at the Norman Bird Sanctuary. She insisted on walking and did her first 1.5 miles non-stop (with me at any rate). Ernesto was on the way so I wanted to get her tired before we got stuck indoors by the rain.

Sunday I rested and today I swam for a bit in leftover swells thanks to T.S. Ernesto, and then road my bike for 36 miles with a number of big ring/power sections. The most notable part of all the efforts had to be that though my legs got pretty tired, my pulse never took off. That means my aerobic base is pretty good.

The numbers:

8.5 miles run/36 miles bike

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 71
YTD Mileage: 597.17
MTG (Miles to Goal): 402.83
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.41

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 735.50
# of Rides: 29
M/RD: 25.36