Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Training Log Entries #74 & #75

I'm getting a little slack. I missed recording two runs. A 5 miler and Monday's 6.5 miler. The 5 was last Friday (I think). After a decent week of training I took Friday, Saturday and Sunday off completely (to the best of my knowledge!) and started again Monday with the run. Tuesday saw a little bike trainer action (40 min.), and today was 1500 yard swim (3x500 yds) and in a minute another 1/2 hour on the trainer. I'm racing a 12 mile TT (bike) tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. My bike has a new look to it, and my position is more aggressive. Hopefully that means faster, but who knows. I'll update the stats soon, but right now I've got to get riding.

Cheers.

(Oh yeah, and there was a 40 mile bike ride in there somewhere, maybe last Sunday?)
(And, there were three swims last week.)

*Update*
Last nights trainer ride ended up being just a 20 minute easy spin, instead of the 1/2 hour list above. Today I competed in a cycling Time Trial. Lots of fast people out there. Overall I was not great, but personally I did pretty well. Despite rushing from work and not getting an adequate warm-up prior to my start, I managed a 25.22 mph average, which is comfortably beyond the 25 mph threshold which I use to tell me if I'm "okay" or "need work" in the speed department. My bike was sporting the redesigned front-end I put on it; straight aero extensions, closer elbow placement, and lower body. I had never ridden this setup on the road and a race is typically not the place to start, but after a tentative first 1/2 of a lap, I became pretty comfortable with the position. As I haven't been riding that much I'm going to say my position helped me top my average speed from the last TT effort I did (back on June 22). I might be generally faster as well, so maybe I should say my new position probably didn't hurt me. I'll be tweaking it a little before Clearwater, but I think it is a go. Add in my new aero fork and reroute those cables inside my handlebars, and I might have a 2:30 ride in me. That would be 12 minutes faster than Timberman, and that would be a big deal. 12 minutes was my gap to the winner of my age group.

The numbers:

11.5 miles run total/30 miles bike (guess but good enough) total

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 75
YTD Mileage: 618.97
MTG (Miles to Goal): 381.03
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.25

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 765.50
# of Rides: 33
M/RD: 23.12