Friday, August 25, 2006

Training Log Entry #69: A little activity in an otherwise quiet week

Jogged/Walked 4.3 miles. First bit of motion since the race. Sluggish and stiff. I'm in a mini off-season right now. Next week will also be limited activity, and then it's into a 10 week plan with an eye on peaking for the 70.3 Championships (November 11 in Clearwater, FL). I'm looking at a mini-season composed of a 4 week base period, 3 weeks of power/speed, and 3 weeks of tuning and race prep. We'll see how it goes. While I'm excited about competing, I'd also like to place well. I know I can be much faster than I showed Sunday. I'm looking forward to swimming in salt water for a change, because it freaks lots of people out, and I'm right at home in it, in fact more so than in fresh water.

The numbers:

4.3 miles

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 69
YTD Mileage: 583.67
MTG (Miles to Goal): 416.33
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.46

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 699.50
# of Rides: 28
M/RD: 25