Monday, August 14, 2006

Training Log Entry #66

I'm trying (or is it scrambling) to get ready for the Timberman Ironman 70.3 (1/2 Ironman) in NH this coming Sunday. So in the midst of installing a hardwood floor in my bedroom, I squeezed in a ride. None of the mileage I've been putting in lately comes close to what I'll be facing in NH, but I'm hoping the pain and fatigue part help. My back was killing me from hauling around sheets of underlayment and bundles of oak. It made me very uncomfortable in my TT position. Nonetheless I covered my 20 mile test course in a time equal to my best, ~55 minutes. I was riding my race wheels (including my disc) this time, but I figure that was at best a wash with the fatigue and muscle pain.
Sunday I was just plain tired as I went for my run. I went out easy and just stayed steady. The finishing time of 1:17 was as good as I could have hoped.
While I'd like to believe I'm doing all the right things I can to be peaked for Timberman, in reality I'm pretty aware of the fact that I'm trying to do just enough to keep from backsliding on my fitness, and hopefully my present level + some sleep will bring me in top 10 in my age group which means a trip to the 70.3 World Championships in November. Stay tuned.

The numbers:

20 mile ride (Sat)/11.5 mile run(Sun)

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 66
YTD Mileage: 561.97
MTG (Miles to Goal): 438.03
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.51

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 633.50
# of Rides: 26
M/RD: 24.37