Sunday, July 09, 2006

Training Log Entries #57 & #58

Okay I'm getting a little slack with my log updates, and even this one is going to be sketchy. Last week was a tough one emotionally, so I'm taking a mulligan on these log entries. Here's the summary of my running and cycling:

- I road ~30 miles Tuesday, big ring, a few trips up the short steep hills we have around here, with lots of work out of the saddle. My leg strength felt noticably better than at any point this year, so they are coming around.
- I ran 5 miles Thursday. This was the "bad" day and I just wasn't into the run. I walk jogged most of it.
- Friday I took off from training.
- Saturday was another "mock race" as I looked to get back on the horse, so to speak. I stretched the run out to 10k instead of the usual 4 miles. My bike leg was good, confirming the form I felt earlier in the week. I covered the distance in 55:20, and that was with a number of traffic slowdowns and stops (beach traffic). It's reassuring to know that I'm coming good. It took the pressure off my run which was still 40 minutes flat, without strain.

I feel good today and am going to hopefully enjoy some family time at Colt State Park. I say "hopefully" because we are introducing Alexandra to her bicycle trailer today. It could get ugly!

The numbers:

11.2 miles run(5 and 6.2)

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
YTD Mileage: 489.07
MTG (Miles to Goal): 510.93
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.43

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 499.50
# of Rides: 20
M/RD: 24.98