Sunday, July 02, 2006

Training Log Entries #55 & #56

Yesterday was the "mock race" and today an 11.5 mile steady run. Both went well. I finished yesterday's effort in 1:21:35, over two minutes faster than 2 weeks ago. Frankly I'm not sure if that is good or bad. I need more comparisons to know for sure. Also, I was on my TT bike and the air was cooler, but it was also a lot windier. I felt good anyway. My run was clearly just as strong, and maybe a little stronger, and that's good thing.

Today I wanted to run long and find my nice rhythm again. Despite an increase in foot speed, I have not been feeling as smooth as I did earlier in the year. Today helped turn that around. It's nice to get out and just cruise. Good speed on tired legs without exceptional effort; that's the scenario I want.

Next weekend I hit the race circuit again. The race is a sprint (my first in 4 years), and I don't expect the field to be too deep; just what I want. I need to find my racing confidence again. A little beating on some weekend warriors, despite being meaningless in the big picture, will actually help me feel more confident in myself (is that wrong?). The following weekend I race an Olympic distance race, and it should be against some better competition. It's a race where in the past I've placed 7th overall. I don't see that happening again, but the course does suit me so I should have a good showing.

The numbers:

15.5 miles run(4 and 11.5)

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
YTD Mileage: 477.87
MTG (Miles to Goal): 522.13
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.53

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 449.50
# of Rides: 18
M/RD: 24.97