Saturday, July 22, 2006

Quick Training Update

Run #60: 6.5 miles at lunch on Weds. Severe Thunderstorms had knocked down lots of trees on the bike path, completely blocking some stretches. I stepped on some debris and turned over my bad ankle. Needless to say, I didn't run again this week.

Today I rode for the first time since the race. An hour and 45 minutes of "up and down." There are no big hills around here so I found the steepest one, the 150 ft/.33 mile wall on Sandy Point Rd., and went up and down a dozen times. Every third climb I jumped up to the big ring and did an interval for an additional 1/2 mile (and 75 verticle feet). I was surprised I was climbing pretty well. Note to self, the big ring TT training I've been doing w/the mock races, does carry over to my climbing.

I also swam twice, Tuesday and Thursday, and took Monday and Friday off. Tomorrow I've slated a return to the Ocean Drive (18 miles).


The numbers:

20 mile bike/6.5 mile run

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
# of Runs: 61
YTD Mileage: 507.07
MTG (Miles to Goal): 492.93
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.31

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 543.50
# of Rides: 22
M/RD: 24.7