Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Training Log Entry #53

I did something I don't usually do; I got up at 5:00 am and went for a run. I have a lunch meeting today, so it was the only time. I'm not a big fan of the early morning run because I'm in a fog the whole time I'm out there, but after the fact it is gratifying to have it done.

The loop was an old standard, which ironically, I had not run yet this year. It's a lollipop out and back from my house, past Third Beach, around Sachuest Point, and back.

Also, I'm officially recasting my goal distance for the year at 1000 miles instead of 1200. Even then I might fall a little short. It depends if I train for a fall marathon. All entries will now be calculated using this goal distance.

Finally, I did ride again on Sunday, and in fact road a pretty hard effort, despite being tired from Saturday. The distance was still only 20 miles. I'll be riding longer on Saturday (42 - 45 miles). A far cry from what many peolpe I know are riding, but it should be good enough to get me going a little better.

The numbers:

8.4 miles run

Terrain: Asphalt/Trail

Run:
YTD Mileage: 455.87
MTG (Miles to Goal): 544.13
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.60

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 402.75
# of Rides: 16
M/RD: 25.17