Friday, June 16, 2006

Training Log Entry #51

Ran Tuesday (yes I know it's Friday...I had a busy week). 6.4 miles on the trails at Sachuest Point. It was great to get out on dirt and crush stones again. This asphalt/concrete stuff is for the birds. Anyway, I ran a lap easy on the outer loop (2.6 miles), pickups of 30 sec. on 30 sec. off for the shorter north loop (1.2 miles), and closed with another easy loop of the outer, though in the opposite direction. No watch, just "feel'n it". It felt good. During the pickups I focused on getting back to that very fast foot turnover which I developed last year. Training for triathlons tends to slow your turnover down, well it does for me anyway, because you are frequently running with tired legs.

Observation: As I said before it's Friday now and I have not been on my bike since Monday. I do plan on riding the next 3 days, but I wanted to comment on this anyway. I've stated in more than one post that I need to get my cycling form back, and that means miles. I should clarify that. I need to get my cycling form back without sacrificing my running. I also want to be a decent swimmer. Thus I'm sticking to my original strategy of running first, and biking second. Only time will tell if this strategy works for me.

A final note about my swimming. I think I am getting some decent speed, I'm just not too confident on race day and thus underachieve.

The numbers:

6.4 miles run

Terrain: Trails

Run:
YTD Mileage: 443.47
MTG (Miles to Goal): 756.53
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.70

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 363
# of Rides: 14
M/RD: 25.93