Friday, June 02, 2006

Training Log Entry #48

Still nothing much. In my previous post (Huey, Dewey, and Louie) you'll notice I got a few more rides in, including a few hard intervals. I wouldn't call my position on the bike "dialed in", but the hard riding started feeling familiar again. The weather is supposed to suck for race day, so it'll be a conservative ride anyway. I'll be doing the "ride so I can run" approach, which means a ride around 2 hours and 40 minutes. If it's faster that's just gravy. Wet, windy, and cool means it will be a tough race Sunday. I'm bringing a long top and gloves for the bike portion.

Today I got out on the bike path for 5 miles to stretch my legs out. I can't believe it's been a week since my last run. Missed runs, like missed confessions, stack up quickly! I threw in a couple of intervals (1/4 mile and 1/2 mile) to blow out the cobwebs. Other than lacking sleep, I feel pretty good. If I can get my head out of this fog, I'll have a respectable race.

The numbers:

5 miles run

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
YTD Mileage: 413.17
MTG (Miles to Goal): 786.83
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.61


Bike:
YTD Mileage: 278
# of Rides: 11
M/RD: 25.27