Friday, May 26, 2006

Training Log Entry #47

Nothing much. I've been riding my trainer this week and swimming a bit, not really running. At least I finally have my triathlon bike put back together! Last Saturday showed me I was in pretty good shape for the race next weekend. Today I just wanted to get the cobwebs out of my legs today; 6 miles with some accelerations. Slow going, but nothing I didn't expect. Mostly I'll be resting and doing just enough to keep from getting too flat before the 1/2 Ironman. I'm still most concerned about the 56 mile ride, as I have not been riding much this year. We'll see if what is traditionally a strength for me proves a big weakness, or if experience will carry me.

The numbers:

5 miles run

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
YTD Mileage: 408.17
MTG (Miles to Goal): 791.83
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.70

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 229
# of Rides: 9
M/RD: 25.44