Saturday, May 20, 2006

Training Log Entry #46

Today I ran the Ocean Drive loop for the first time since before the Boston Marathon. I haven't been running as much due to my trying to get my cycling to improve, so I wasn't sure how I'd run. Also, after the "crash and burn" on Weds., a good run today was far from a sure thing. Well, the choice to get some rest the second 1/2 of this week paid off (I did swim 1500m Friday, so it wasn't complete rest). I ran a 2:02:11 on the loop, crushing my "official" previous best. I might have run the course faster as part of my 20 miler, but it would be a close call. I definitely had my fastest 2nd 1/2 of the run today. All-in-all, a good day. I do need to get some bike time tomorrow morning, though.

The numbers:

18 miles run

Terrain: Asphalt/Concrete

Run:
YTD Mileage: 403.17
MTG (Miles to Goal): 796.83
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.76

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 189
# of Rides: 7
M/RD: 27