Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Training Log Entry #45

I gave myself Sunday and Monday off after the big brick on Saturday. Tuesday was a pool day. I'm swimming well and that's a relief because my cycling is still sub-par for this time of year. Today was an "interesting" day running. I was have a bad seasonal allergy day (aggravated by the increased sensitivity I have aftter pool swims), and took some allergy meds. I've also been stressed as there are issues with family members right now. Long story short, I got 2 1/2 miles into my scheduled 7 mile run and just ran out of gas. I walked/jogged it in easily (I would have accepted a ride from a passing car had one been offered). I practically fell asleep at my desk. The stress and sleep deprivation and allergies had finally caught up with me and the wheels just fell off. Then miraculously, when I got home I rallied a little. I put in 40 minutes on my bike trainer (~12 miles) and called it good until Friday.

The numbers:

5 miles run

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
YTD Mileage: 385.17
MTG (Miles to Goal): 814.83
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.57

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 189
# of Rides: 7
M/RD: 27