Saturday, April 22, 2006

Training Log Entry #37

Actually it was predominantly a bike ride with a short run after. This is known in triathlon training as a "brick" workout. I'm going to try and keep my bike mileage logged as well. The workout was with my new triathlon team, the Providence Triathlon Team. I left FastSplits, not because I didn't think I was fast enough (FastSplits is an "elite" team...podium finishes in your age group are expected), but rather because it was the first viable team I've found in Rhode Island. It's small and the members are very enthusiastic, and they won't require me to race anywhere I don't want to race (that was a condition of FastSplits). We road 30 miles and then ran for 2.5 miles. Just a short brick because it was the first of the year and the goal was just to remind the body what "running off the bike" felt like. It went well though I got a sore left hip (abductor) because it was my first ride. First triathlon is June 4. I've opted to just train through May for the first time ever. Boston showed me that I'm an experienced enough athlete to no longer need "tune-up" races to get ready for big events.

The numbers:

2.5 miles run
30 miles bike

Terrain: Asphalt

Run:
YTD Mileage: 327.37
MTG (Miles to Goal): 872.63
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.84

Bike:
YTD Mileage: 30
M/RD: 30