Friday, April 14, 2006

Training Log Entry #34: Pre-race

4.5 really easy miles today. Some hills but nothing hard. Ran tempo for the last mile. I'm trying a different prep the week before the race this year. It's always been workout until Weds., take the next few days off, and then jog to the beach and back (2 1/2 - 3 miles) the day before. I've frequently felt "flat", however, so this time I decided to flip it around. After my last long run I took the next 3 days off completely. On day 4 I went for a swim, 1500m (500m were kick). Day 5 is today, the light run (and I did feel flat today). Tomorrow will be off as I drive up to Boston to register. Sunday will be the beach jog, and Monday is race day. I feel pretty good now. I think this could work. I'll know Monday!

The numbers:

4.5 miles

Terrain: Asphalt/Concrete

YTD Mileage: 295.67
MTG (Miles to Goal): 904.33
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.7