Sunday, April 09, 2006

Training Log Entry #33

Well it was a lot colder and windier than I thought it would be. Nonetheless it was a good run. No real pressure with Boston only 8 days away, but I wanted to go long just to find the "rhythm". I stopped twice to "answer the call", and walked a little at one point to stretch out a tight hammie. No sense getting hurt at this point. Even with those breaks I covered the 18 miler in 2:09 (I was probably pacing for 2:03-2:04). I also kicked in the finish. It was the strongest I've been at the end of a run this year, and that includes my breakthrough 20 miler. Things look good for Boston, I just need to catch up on my sleep and I'll be good to go. Of course you know this means the weather gods are going to throw in some nasty surprise again. Last year it was a freak 80 degree day. This year I'm expecting cold and rainy. Only two more runs and maybe one or two swims before the big day.

Oh, yes, and I gave my new shoes their maiden voyage today. They'll be good to go by the 17th as well.

I've also picked some new/additional goals for the rest of the year, but I'll place those in a separate post.

The numbers:

18 miles

Terrain: Asphalt/Concrete

YTD Mileage: 291.17
MTG (Miles to Goal): 908.83
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.82