Saturday, April 01, 2006

Training Log Entry #30

11 miles around the pond and beaches. No watch. No pressure. Just an easy run. I clearly went hard last weekend during the 20 miler because my legs were still a little tired. I think this makes for my highest mileage week this year, and frankly at ~ 37 miles, it wasn't that high. This approach, however, is working for me so I'm sticking with it.

The other notable item from today is that my scale (post-run) tipped below 160 lbs. This is BY FAR my lowest weight in years. I typically go into Boston at 165 - 168. I am healthy and still recovering (though a little more slowly) from workouts, so the weight is not yet a concern. Performances don't seem to be suffering. However, I don't want to go any lower so it's time to keep a closer eye on this.

The numbers:

11 miles

Terrain: Asphalt/Concrete

YTD Mileage: 260.67
MTG (Miles to Goal): 939.33
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.69

Route: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=95373