Thursday, March 16, 2006

Training Log Entry #25: Snap, Crackle...

...but thank god no pop! I had tweaked my right ankle (that is the problem one) on Tuesday's run, and today EVERY step had a nice rhythmic "Pop" to it. It was really pretty gross. It didn't hurt (okay a couple of times it did), but it definitely had a psychological impact. Instead of making myself do the original workout (7.5 miles total with a four or five 1/2 mile repeats), I just kind of shuffled around for a bit. I stopped some. I did some stretches. I did a few baby step (short stride/quick turnover) drills, and then I called it a day. By the end the ankle had stopped popping (for the most part). It'll be ice and Advil tonight.

There is a reason for this: I've been getting lazy about doing the things I need to do to stay whole.
1) I must do my swimming kick sets.
2) I must do my legs stretches in the morning.
3) I must do my balance drills.
4) I must wear my orthotics.

My body has fired a shot across the bow. Time to pay attention.

The numbers:

4 miles

Terrain: Cement/Asphalt/Dirt

YTD Mileage: 208.85
MTG (Miles to Goal): 991.15
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.35