Thursday, February 23, 2006

Training Log Entry #18

Ran 2 1/2 laps of Sachuest. The second lap I did about 1 1/4 miles at about a 6 minutes per mile pace. The loop is longer than I had previously thought, by about a 1/4 of a mile. This would account for the surprisingly slow time run a couple of other times this year. I am confident in the revised distance, as the one thing I am very good at is pacing (e.g. Cape Cod Marathon), and thus I say with confidence there is no way the first loop section is only a mile if it took me 7 minutes and 30 seconds to get around at speed.

(I'm not planning on going back and revising distances, unless if at the end of the year I only need a mile or two to hit 1200).


Weather for my first race effort on Sunday looks sketchy, so I haven't picked a goal time. Also, it appears I won't be running New Bedford, because the start time is going to conflict with Alexandra's second birthday party. The party, originally planned for Saturday, had to be moved to Sunday to accommodate out of town guests. That's fine; I've already revised my Boston prep. I may not have another race under my belt before Boston (April 17th), but I'll use the extra non-race time to add another distance run (20 miles or so).

The numbers:

6.1 miles.

Terrain: Trail

YTD Mileage: 144.60
MTG (Miles to Goal): 1055.40
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.03