Saturday, February 11, 2006

Training Log Entry #14

12.6 or so miles. 3/4 of the run was on firm sand (below the high tide line) and dirt trail. I ran into a herd of deer on the trail. They ran single file along side me (about 50 yds away). It was pretty cool. The 12.6 miles is a guess. Given my total run time it might have been 13 or more, but for the sake of the stats I'm recording it as 12.6.

The numbers:

12.6 miles.

Terrain: Dirt and Sand w/some Blacktop

YTD Mileage: 114.95
MTG (Miles to Goal): 1085.05
M/R (Miles per run avg.): 8.21

I'm sure I must have mentioned this in other posts, but for anyone who missed it, running isn't the only training I'm doing. I also throw in ~6000 yds. of swimming per week, with the swim sessions containing lots of kick sets using fins. They've greatly aided the development of my hip muscles and stretched my previously injured hamstring. My ankle feels pretty good now too.