Monday, January 30, 2006

The "Freak Out" still takes some getting used to...

Instinct says when your child is screaming bloody murder you should run and intervene. However, instinct is not always right. An overtired child in need of a nap has to be allowed to scream it out, and then she'll sleep (that's what I tell myself anyway). I know it's the right thing to do, but tell that to my nerves.

Did I ever mention that Alexandra, through no prodding of her daddy's, is behaving more and more like an endurance athlete? She continues to run around in the playgroup while the other kids, even the older ones are fading and sitting down (this behavior does, however, result in O.D.S., overtired daughter syndrome). She prefers my water bottle to her sippy cup. Her favorite magazine is "Runner's World", and not just any edition, the edition with Paula Radcliffe on the cover.