Saturday, October 22, 2005

Training summary: week of Oct. 22

Sunday: Travel day. Cold now at it's worst.
Monday: Feeling a little better, but congested. The sun finally appeared.
Tues: Still recovering, but improving. Went for a 3.5 mile walk at lunch. Energy levels still low.
Weds: Went for a 5.5 mile run (very easy) at lunch. Not too bad. Like a dummy I forgot the heel cups for my running shoes, and ended up tweaking my ankle again. Much of the improvement in my ankle down the drain.
Thurs: Rest day. Energy levels a little off still, and ankle aching.
Fri: Missed day. Wanted to run but couldn't get it in. Crappy work week.
Sat: 10.5 mile run (7.5 on trails, mostly steady) . Legs felt stiff, and ankle was tender, but it went okay. I'm hoping to recover well enough to do some light drills tomorrow.

The last week and a half are why you always celebrate a P.R. It takes a lot of good luck to get one. Training was flawless to last Weds, and it showed in my times. Now I'm still shaking the last remnants of this cold, and my ankle is not great. I had high hopes for Cape Cod. There's a week to go, so I still expect to be in decent form, but not flawless.