Saturday, October 29, 2005

Big day tomorrow

Okay, there have been plenty bigger, but I think I'm in good shape and mentally ready. The weather will be cool. I don't know what to expect. I'm not sure if I should wear a watch or just go by feel. The biggest fear in leaving the watch behind is that I might come close to a special time and just miss it. We'll see.

Okay, as is my practice, here are the goals in order:
1) Finish (always)
2) Finish under 3:10
3) Finish under 3:05

The plan is to play it cool until the 1/2 way, let myself go a little through the 20 mile point in Woods Hole, and then if I'm feeling good, go for it on the last 10K. No more fear of racing. No more being passive. Time to assert myself a little. Even splits would be a plus (a couple of 1:32s?).



New Dad's first race: 2004 Cape Cod MarathonPosted by Picasa