Sunday, July 10, 2005

Nothing left but the crying....

Yesterday was my final long training day before Ironman. It was another long run after some up tempo riding. After 49 miles in the saddle w/1600 ft of climbing, I'm happy to say I ran my fastest 18 miles since the Boston Marathon. It was definitely hard work, but it was also at a higher tempo than Ironman and with insufficient nutrition (due to the logisitics of the run loop). I recovered well after the workout and feel good, though a bit fatigued, today. If I can keep my head about me and have a little bit of good luck, I think I'll have a pretty respectable Ironman. The race is so long, however, anything can happen so the first goal is, and always will be, finishing. Secondary to that is coming in under 11 hours. Third would be a sub-3:30 run. Anything else is gravy. Soon I'll be posting the link for live raceday updates and finish line video feed. If you've got 12 hours to kill on July 24th, tune in!