Saturday, June 25, 2005

In my estimation, hands down the best part of the "tech revolution" is digital photography. I was just playing around with my laptop and I came across the literally thousands of photos I've taken since last summer. Even though it's been less than a year, the mental images of St. Petersburg and Florence have begun to fade, especially as the rigors of everyday living deny one the opportunity to sit and reminisce. This morning I was feeding Alexandra breakfast and she was a little fussy. I set the screen saver of the laptop to "Slide Show", and pointed the picture source at my store of digital photos from October 2004 to the present. She was mesmerized. I was mesmerized. She squealled happily every time a picture Leanna appeared. I felt a tear well up everytime we saw the pictures of her as the little peanut we first met in St. Petersburg. It was a great thing to share. Surprisingly absent, with the exception of a couple of post Boston Marathon photos, were pictures of me racing. I have raced 7 or 8 times during this period, it's just not the biggest deal right now (though Alexandra will be getting her first live triathlon experience next Saturday in Bath, Maine).

Makes me wonder, Mom and Dad do you still have all those old Kodachrome slides (Mama don't take my Kodachrome away...)? Sorry, you young'ns may not understand that reference. Anyway, if those old slides exist, I'd like to get them all digitized.